If you are not from Fowler Township or Vienna Township resident, and wish to register your child within the Mathews Local School District, please visit our board of education office to pick up a registration packet or download a packet below.
You must return your completed application by e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping it off at the Board of Education office Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Open Enrollment Guidelines
- You must complete a separate application for each student you wish to enroll.
- You will not be able to fill out an application packet on site if you choose to pick one up.
- A completed application should be returned to the Board of Education Office – custodial parents/guardian must return the application.
- DO NOT MAIL APPLICATIONS. Mailed applications will not be considered.
- Students must be currently enrolled in their residential school district.
- Open enrollment in the Mathews Local School District is open to students who reside within the state of Ohio.
- Enrollment will be on a limited basis for the 2024-2025 school year.
- You will be notified of acceptance or denial by mail.
- Once acceptance has been determined, you will be required to complete the district’s enrollment process. You will be required to have your home district complete a verification form showing that your child is registered as a student in your home district.
- Transportation of open enrolled students shall be the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians. No transportation will be provided be Mathews Local School District.
- Attendance and behavior problems can result in termination of open enrollment at any time during the school year.
- If your child wishes to participate in athletics, please review the following Ohio High School Athletic Association Guidelines:
- Incoming 7th, 8th and 9th graders – you must have received passing grades in the immediately preceding grading period in a minimum of five (5) subjects enrolled.
- Incoming 10th and 11th graders – Ineligible for the last 50% of the season in the sporting event which the student participated during the 12-month period immediately preceding the transfer to Mathews Local Schools.
Open Enrollment Resources